The Center for Pregnancy Choices (CPC) offers ultrasounds at no charge to eligible mothers. Our ultrasounds are performed by licensed and trained R.N.s, but do not take the place of prenatal care. You need to be under the care of a doctor during your pregnancy for your health and your baby’s.
Ultrasounds are done at the CPC for the following reasons:
- Confirm intrauterine pregnancy – is the baby where it is supposed to be inside you?
- Detect fetal cardiac activity – is the baby’s heart beating?
- Determination of gestational age – how old is the baby?
You Should Know:
- The Center for Pregnancy Choices does not offer prenatal care.
- An ultrasound is not prenatal care and is not a substitute for prenatal care.
- If you are pregnant you should promptly seek the care of a licensed OB/GYN.
- A limited ultrasound will be offered to those who qualify.
Contact the Center for Pregnancy Choices to find out more about ultrasound and talk to someone who will be supportive, available, and can fully answer your questions in a confidential, no-pressure environment.