Know Your Rights, Protect Yourself
- Does a doctor have to perform your abortion?
- Does the doctor performing the abortion have to have license to practice medicine?
- Does the doctor have insurance to protect you if there are complications from an abortion?
- Does the doctor have to call an ambulance to take you to the hospital if something goes wrong?
- Does the doctor have to stop if you decide not to continue?
- What does it mean to be “coerced” into having an abortion?
- Do you have the right to take time to think about it before you make a decision?
Contact the Center for Pregnancy Choices to talk to someone who will be supportive, available, and can fully answer your questions in a confidential, no-pressure environment.